quinta-feira, 6 de novembro de 2008

Romances portugueses que davam grandes filmes americanos: Eric, The Presbyter

Tagline: They took away his country. They took away his love. Now he's back... to take away their lives.

EXTERIOR. Mountainous region. Twilight.

(The screen shows the whole length of the landscape. On top of a mountain stands a knight dressed in black on a black horse. He is silent. There is noise coming from belligerant hords looking up at him. The camera moves slowly over the black knight to show the hords led by Arab king Tariq)

TARIQ - Yoh, Eric. Give it up, man. Just give it up. You know I don't wanna hurt you. I don't wanna, you're a good warrior. You're the best. Join me while you still can.
(camera zooms on Eric. He is silent. His look is stern and cold)

Are you listening to what I'm telling you, Eric? What the fuck is your problem, man? Can't you see the men I've got here with me? Do you think you can take them on? Alone? On your own? You're good, but I know and you know you're not that good. Join me now and we'll get your woman, man, I'll help you. She's being held in a convent, I've checked it out. Piece of cake. I'll have my way with the ladies of the cloth and you get your woman back.

(camera zooms on Eric again. This time he speaks. His voice is deep and angered)

ERIC - Tariq, I've begged you to go away and leave this region in peace. I've asked you nicely. I have tried in every way to spare your life and the lives of your men. I have tried to make you respect my country. But when you open your filthy mouth to talk about Hermengard (camera zooms on Eric's left hand - he draws his sword with a swift, strong movement) ... that's where I draw the line.

CUT TO: war field. Eric stands alone, on his horse, his clothes dripping with blood. Around him lie dead, slaughtered corpses.

Tudo isto com banda sonora a valer ("Saudade" dos Heróis do Mar - em alternativa versão Ritual Tejo - para as cenas lamechas para dar um toque português à coisa, "Requiem for a Dream", versão Kronos Quartet e não Senhor dos Anéis para dar um tom épico de bom gosto) e um guião com a mesma qualidade deste excerto que eu aqui deixei, que, como me parece óbvio, é de facto de extrema qualidade. Grande filme que dava o Eurico.